Get a natural tummy tuck with protein shakes
Protein is a key ingredient for losing weight and when you get enough of it; it helps boost your metabolism, curbs your hunger and helps you lose fat without losing muscle mass.
What are protein shakes?
Protein shakes can be made by mixing protein powder with water or milk. They also contain other essential nutrients.
- Whey protein: Quickly absorbed, dairy-based. Contains all the essential amino acids.
- Casein protein: Slowly absorbed, dairy-based. Contains all essential amino acids.
- Soy protein: Plant-based and contains all essential amino acids. Also contains soy isoflavones, which may provide some health benefits.
- Hemp protein: Plant-based and high in omega-3 and omega-6 fats, but low in the essential amino acid lysine.
- Rice protein: Plant-based and low in the essential amino acid lysine.
- Pea protein: Plant-based and low in the non-essential amino acids cystine and methionine .
Protein shakes can really curb hunger
Protein shakes can suppress hunger in 2 ways
- It increases levels of appetite-reducing hormones like GLP-1, PYY and CCK, while reducing levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin.
- Protein provides greater satiety.
Protein shakes help boost metabolism
Consuming higher amounts of protein can increase metabolism rates so you are likely to burn more calories in a day, also a high protein diet with strength training can help you gain muscle mass. Protein shakes can be referred to weight loss shakes.
Protein shakes help you lose tummy fat
As protein shakes/weight loss shakes lead to increased rates of metabolism, it can really be effective on your mid section. Protein shakes also keep you from regaining lost weight.
Protein Shakes help prevent muscle loss
It is recommended you drink a protein shake half an hour after your workout; this replenishes your muscles from the protein it loses and also prevents you from losing muscle mass.
What kind of protein is the best?
The exact type of protein powder you have in your shakes should not make a major difference for fat loss. Some studies show an advantage for whey, but the evidence is mixed.